Dear Students and Parents of the Class of 2020:
We are excited to invite you to this year’s Atlanta Invitational Case Studies Program, which will be held on Sunday, February 11 at Woodward Academy, 1662 W Rugby Ave, College Park, GA 30337. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. and the program will conclude at 5:00 p.m. It is strongly recommended that each student be accompanied to the program by at least one parent.
Please keep in mind that this invitation is not to be passed on to others. The AICS program is an invitation only event for sophomores and parents from partner Atlanta schools.
The Atlanta Invitational Case Studies Program is a unique opportunity for sophomore students, and parents, from several Atlanta-area independent schools to meet with admissions officers from approximately 70 colleges across the country to learn first-hand how college admissions decisions are made.
What happens at the Atlanta Case Studies Program? During the event, participants will be guided by admissions professionals in small committees to ultimately decide which applicants should be admitted to the sample universities. This exercise will acquaint you with the college application reading process that the Class of 2020 will soon experience. In order for the program to be effective, students and parents must review sample applications prior to attending the program. After the case studies session, students and parents are encouraged to attend the private college fair where they can speak directly to the college representatives participating in the program.
A few important items you must complete should you wish to attend:
- RSVP online no later than Monday, February 5th using the following link: www.atlcasestudies.com. From the homepage, click the Student Registration link and enter the password AICS2018-the password is case sensitive. Please check the registration form for accuracy before you submit it. Students and parents will periodically receive emails with important program information leading up to February’s event.
- If you have trouble with the registration form, please email your college counselor.
- Once registered, you are expected to read the cases in advance. To access the cases from the AICS website, click The Cases link and enter the password, AICS2018-the password is case sensitive.
- Each student and each parent must either download and print, or save the sample applications to electronic devices and bring them with you to the Case Studies Program. Both the student and parent(s) will need separate copies/access since they will be serving on different mock admissions committees. In the interest of saving paper, we encourage you to download the cases to your devices.
- Continue to check your email regularly for any updates regarding the AICS program.
It is rare to get such a valuable glimpse into a process that often seems a mystery, from the very people who make the decisions, and to attend a more intimate college fair. We are excited to present this unique opportunity that allows for students and parents to engage with a diverse group of admissions professionals, and it is our expectation that we will have a strong showing from our school at the Atlanta Invitational Case Studies Program. If you have any questions about the program, please contact the College Counseling office directly.